Le Courrier Australien Friends Inc. is organising for the second year a readers’ award to recognise French citizens in Australia who have distinguished themselves in a particular field.
This “Prix des Français.es en Australie” aims to honour French citizens who have recently arrived in Australia, or who have been living here for a long time and whose commitment and talents contribute to the influence of France throughout Australia.
The Director of LCANews did not hide his satisfaction with the progress and the enthusiasm generated by this first edition and is very enthusiastic about launching this second edition.
“We are also very impressed with the response from readers to this first competition with over 15 000 votes. This is an incredible number and confirms that our readers in Australia and France wanted this competition. The nominees, from every state in the country, all had brilliant and remarkable profiles.
This 2022 edition is shaping up to be a great one with the support of precious partners who share our values. We are also very pleased to confirm a “gala evening” in Sydney at the end of October for the presentation of the Awards to the various winners.
This Year, the “French of the Year 2022” offers 6 different categories*:
– “Solidarity – Volunteerism”, sponsored by Le Courrier Australien Friends, aims to reward French people who have distinguished themselves in helping others.
– “Entrepreneurship”, sponsored by Bilateral Solutions, to honour promising artisans, creators or business leaders.
– “Research and Innovation”, sponsored by Pierre Fabre, aims to introduce the public to French researchers working in Australia as well as to entrepreneurs who have developed innovative solutions in their field.
– “Sustainable Development”, sponsored by Bouygues Construction Australia, to recognise an individual or company’s ongoing commitment and outstanding contribution to sustainable development.
– “Sport, Art and Culture”, sponsored by Yves Hernot, Knight in the DSAP Order of Merit, Laureate of the Paris Academy of Fine Arts, former tennis player. Yves Hernot will distinguish sportsmen, artists or creators for their excellence, devotion and vocation in the field of Sport, Art and Culture.
– The “Special Award of the French Woman in Australia” * of the year sponsored by Champagne Tsarine, rewards women who have distinguished themselves in Australia in terms of their entrepreneurial spirit, creativity, determination or commitment (social, sporting, personal, professional).
A special “Friendship” prize will also be awarded to Australians who have made an exemplary contribution to the friendly relationship between France and Australia.
The competition is organised under the patronage of the French Embassy in Canberra and the French Consulate General in Sydney.
LCANews and the organising committee wanted the readers to be fully involved in the selection process. They are the ones who nominate the candidates in the categories and who vote during the selection phases.
The selection will be made in two rounds, a first phase of pre-selection during which the candidates will be submitted to the votes of the public** and to the choices of the jury (from September 20 to October 02).
Three candidates will be pre-selected in each category, one by the jury and the second and third will be the top vote getters in their category. The three candidates in each category will then be submitted to a new public vote (from 07 to 14 October). The candidate with the most votes in each category will be named the winner of the associated prize.
*The jury will be made up of French representatives and experts in several fields who will contribute their knowledge to the pre-selection, but it is the readers who will have the final say. See the complete rules below.
Thanks to our Partners :